The Elixir Programming Language Timeline
- January 9th, 2011: Elixir’s first commit by José Valim
- March 2nd, 2011: Elixir’s first release: v0.1.0.
- March 15th, 2011: First message on elixir-lang-core mailing list:
- July 21st, 2011. First mention to Elixir by José Valim in a podcast episode.
- February 22nd, 2012. Elixir Lang’s Twitter account was created.
- March 29th, 2012: First tweet mentioning “Elixir’s IRC channel #elixir-lang at Freenode”.
- April 6th, 2012: Message “What’s New in Elixir #1 (April 6, 2012)” on elixir-lang-core mailing list.
- May 25th, 2012. First post on Elixir blog describing what is new in a release (for v0.5.0). There, José Valim wrote: “I have started working in Elixir at the beginning of 2011.” He also wrote: “It was around October 2011, during a short stay in San Francisco, that I came up with what would be the foundation of Elixir’s current version with the help of Yehuda Katz.”
- July 28th, 2012: Talk “Erlang metaprogramming with Elixir” by Yurii Rashkovskii at Erlang Factory Lite Vancouver 2012 (slides).
- August 1st, 2012: First tweet with the #elixirlang hashtag.
- October 9th, 2012. José Valim gave the “Elixir: Modern Programming for the Erlang VM” talk at Strange Loop 2012 (slides, video)
- October 19th, 2012: First tweet with the “elixir community” expression.
- November 9th, 2012. Talk “Elixir: Modern Programming for the Erlang VM” by José Valim.
TO BE CONTINUED…